If there is an impending slowdown in North American vehicle sales it would be hard to tell from the record third-quarter production plans just laid out by the automakers (see data p. 4). Industry output plans call for 4,185,800 car and truck assemblies in July-September, 3.4% ahead of the existing record of 4,047,977 set just last year when North American output topped the 4 million mark for the first time. Although planned third-quarter output would be a record for the period, it won't ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Automakers Gear Up for Record Third Quarter in North America" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.