Automakers already dealing with a record U.S. sales pace say they have lost some production due to logistics problems caused by a June 1 rail industry takeover. But the companies point out transportation problems have been decreasing and the situation may improve even more during the auto industry's two week summer shutdown July 5-July 16. Rivals CSX and Norfolk Southern have been preparing since their 1997 takeover of Conrail for the difficulty of incorporating Conrail's 10,700-mile ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Automakers Lose Output Due to Train Delays" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.