North American manufacturers are on track to hit their overall schedule in October for the first month since June, led by an estimated overbuild of cars and trucks at General Motors Corp. and several of the smaller producers (see data p.7). Ward's estimates October production at 1.606 million units, 1.2% ahead of last October's total, and slightly above the 1.603 million units slated at the beginning of the month (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Oct. 9, '00, p.1). By country, U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Automakers Producing to Schedule in October; GM Set for Overbuild" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.