Auto companies are always bragging about winning this or that sales race, but there’s one win Toyota isn’t going to brag about. The new year is going to be full of high profile races over who’s selling the most of this or that model, but there’s one new race that both participants would rather you didn’t pay attention to. That’s the race between Toyota and the Chrysler Group over who’s the third largest auto maker in the U.S. The issue came up last September when less than 2% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Automakers Race for Third Place" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.