The latest round of industry production scheduling meetings ended last week with planned North American fourth quarter output down 1.9% or 75,900 units, to 3,866,400 vehicles, with Ford Motor Co. and the Chrysler Group joining several importers in trimming their October-December plans. So far General Motors Corp. has deferred making any changes to its November-December plans, although it is expected to post a significant October underbuild. Still, the industry remains on track to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Automakers Trim 4th Quarter N.A. Output 1.9%; 2001 Still 5th Best Ever" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.