Japanese import and sales company YGK Co. says it will begin supplying Asian auto makers this fall with an all-new, V-4 gasoline engine in displacements of 1.6L and 2L. The company says the V-4 engine is low-polluting and, in the case of the larger 2L unit, produces approximately 150 hp. The V-4's idle speed is said to be 400 to 450 rpm, and fuel efficiency, derived from an unspecified driving cycle, is claimed to be approximately 35 mpg (6.7L/100 km). The company says that through ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Automotive V-4 in Wings" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.