Dealer groups AutoNation Inc., Sonic Automotive Inc. and Group 1 Automotive Inc. all have raised their second quarter 2002 and full-year earnings forecasts due to strong first quarter 2002 profits. Strong auto sales, largely due to auto manufacturers’ incentives and low-rate financing, gave AutoNation, the largest dealer group in the U.S., a jump of 53% in first quarter earnings to $91.7 million vs. $59.9 million in first quarter 2001. Revenue dropped from $4.89 billion in first quarter ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AutoNation, Sonic and Group 1 Report Strong Profits" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.