WOLFSBURG, Germany – The city of Wolfsburg isn’t the most likely tourist spot on the German map. It’s hard to hide the city’s industrial roots, which gave birth to Volkswagen AG, still headquartered here. VW’s Autostadt sets benchmark for customer relations. On the banks of the Mittelland Kanal, which feeds off the Elbe River, sits VW’s huge factory, that produces the Golf, Bora and Lupo at a rate of 2,700 units per day. The plant, itself, is a marvel, with more than 0.6 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Autos, Epcot Center Collide at Autostadt" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.