NEW YORK – The Lincoln Aviator is a Ford Explorer, dressed like a Lincoln Navigator, designed to keep buyers from straying to BMW, Mercedes-Benz or Lexus. Ford Motor Co. unveils its new midsize luxury SUV here with huge expectations for how this baby Navigator will draw buyers to the Lincoln brand. Navigator, which created the fullsize luxury SUV market in 1998, brought 60% of its customers to Lincoln for the first time, says Lincoln Mercury President Brian P. Kelley. He anticipates 85% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Aviator to Pilot Incremental Sales for Lincoln" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.