VIENNA – ZAO Avtotor, the Russian assembler of BMW AG and Kia Motors Corp. vehicles, officially launches assembly of the new BMW 5-Series at its plant in Kaliningrad. The facility has capacity to make more than 1,600 5-Series sedans per year from semi-knocked-down kits, and OOO BMW Russland Trading, BMW AG’s Moscow-based import subsidiary, expects production this year to total more than 1,000 units. BMW 5-Series. Avtotor also assembles the BMW 3-Series, and assembly of the BMW ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Avtotor Launches BMW 5-Series Assembly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.