VIENNA – OAO AvtoVAZ plans to begin 2-shift production of the Lada Kalina at its plant in Togliatti, Russia, beginning in September. The Kalina model range, which consists of hatchbacks, sedans and station wagons, currently is produced on one shift, with about 435 units being manufactured per day. AvtoVAZ plans to build about 154,000 Kalinas this year. The auto maker began producing the Kalina in 2004 and originally targeted output of 220,000 units annually. A sporty hatchback, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AvtoVAZ to Add Second Shift for Lada Kalina" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.