VIENNA – OAO AvtoVAZ, Russia’s largest car maker, reveals the name of its new low-cost model, codenamed 2190. The new car, which will replace the aging Lada 2105 and 2107 rear-wheel-drive sedans, will be named Lada Granta. Production is scheduled to begin in late 2011. “This car will be based on our Lada Kalina and, as one of our key models, is to account for 20% of our sales until 2020," AvtoVAZ President Igor Komarov told the Russian business daily Kommersant earlier this year. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AvtoVAZ Names New Low-Cost Car Lada Granta" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.