VIENNA — Lada-maker AO AvtoVAZ plans to move upmarket with a car larger than any in its range. Alexey Nikolayev, AvtoVAZ's president and general director, says the “big Lada” will be positioned in the D-segment — a new market for AvtoVAZ — and will be powered by 2.0L and 2.5L engines. The vehicle will compete with OAO GAZ's Volga cars and AO Moskvich cars. While the timing remains unclear, Nikoalyev spoke about a production start in 2015. Other sources mention an earlier start of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AvtoVAZ plans larger Lada model" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.