DEARBORN – Better, not bigger, is the latest mantra at Ford Motor Credit Co., which has abandoned plans to become a global financing superpower in favor of playing a lower key – but more profitable – role in helping parent Ford Motor Co. sell cars. The back-to-basics retooling of Ford Credit is part of the auto maker’s overall overhaul under new CEO Bill Ford Jr. and looks to reverse some of the riskier ventures and practices – such as growing its subprime loan business and increasing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Back-to-Basics Approach Extends to Ford Credit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.