BEIJING — Beijing Automotive Industry Corp. says it stopped losing money in 1999 and posted a profit of RMB7.08 million (US$855,072). The automaker, however, may be scrapping plans to build and sell the Renault Megane Scenic multi-purpose vehicle (MPV). BAIC previously chose Renault SA as its overseas partner to co-produce advanced small-passenger vehicles, aiming to diversify its product mix and enhance value-added production. The joint venture initially produced 130 vehicles, primarily ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BAIC back in the black, postpones Renault production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.