Workers from Australian car parts supplier Coghlan-Russell Engineering Pty. Ltd. vote to accept a rescue package from Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd., preventing a widespread shutdown in the industry. Coghlan-Russell is in administration, and its 49 workers – owed A$1.9 million ($1.5 million) in entitlements – had been laid off without pay. The supplier makes parts for Ford, which also was forced to idle 400 workers Friday. It amended its production schedule to avoid a total shutdown. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bailout Deal With Ford Keeps Oz Supplier, Industry Operating" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.