A viability plan General Motors Corp. submitted to the U.S. Congress Tuesday finally may provide the auto maker’s Buick-Pontiac-GMC channel the focus it has lacked up to now. Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC currently account for 83% of GM’s sales and according to the viability plan will serve as its core brands going forward. GM in recent years had sought to combine its Pontiac, Buick and GMC dealerships into a single channel that would streamline operations; trim its product ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bailout May Push Buick-Pontiac-GMC Channel Over Top" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.