DETROIT -- Vancouver-based Ballard Power Systems will buy out the interests of Ford Motor Co. and DaimlerChrysler AG in their fuel-cell joint ventures Excellsis and Ecostar Electric Drive Systems. Ballard joined with DaimlerChrysler in 1997 to create Xcellsis Fuel Cell Engines Inc. It is responsible for developing, manufacturing and commercializing fuel cell engines for buses, cars, and trucks. The pair also created Ballard Automotive, responsible for selling fuel cells and fuel cell ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ballard to Control Excellsis, Ecostar" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.