About once a month someone gets lots of attention by predicting one of the Big Three could go bankrupt “within the next 10 years.” The media then react as if this is a bold, courageous prophecy that must be heard. It isn’t. One of the Big Three almost goes bankrupt every 10 years. It’s a cyclical industry; everybody gets their turn in the barrel, and not just the U.S. Big Three. Even well-known foreign auto makers such as Nissan, Volkswagen and Porsche have seen buzzards circling in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bankrupt Logic" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.