SOUTHFIELD, MI – The color gurus at paint-supplier BASF Corp. predict silvers and grays eventually will be overtaken in popularity by blues, as car buyers break away from conservative hues driven by the events of Sept. 11, wars and the depressed global economy. BASF’s Jon Hall inspects color sample. “We think it’s important to break away from that grip of silver and go back to some things that are more colorful, more exciting, more interesting and are a little more theatrical, if ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BASF Says Blue Will Chase Gray Away" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.