Everyone agrees there needs to be some standardization of automotive electronics so that systems can work together more easily. But cooperation only goes so far when it comes to competitors. Answering the question, "How do we get there from here?" during a Blue Ribbon panel discussion, Delphi CEO J.T. Battenberg III replies: "That’s a tough question. We’re not going to standardize on all Denso (Corp.) components, I can tell you that." Delphi is North America’s No.1 supplier. Denso ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Battenberg: Standardization Has Its Limits" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.