MUMBAI â€“ Volkswagen India Ltd. will count on its upcoming Beetle small car more for building image than volume. VW India will begin importing the iconic sedan next year from Volkswagen de Mexico S.A. de C.V. Priced at about Rs2 million ($44,936), including a 104% duty, the new Beetle, at least initially, will not be aimed at the masses. â€śAt present, (the) Beetle is our brand-building tool, as VW prepares to get into the highly competitive Indian compact-car segment by 2010,â€ť VW India ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Beetle to Provide Halo for VWâ€™s Growing Footprint in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.