Beijing Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. will expand capacity at its new plant in China earlier than originally planned and is considering building a third plant, a company source tells Ward’s. “We are planning to increase production capacity at the Plant No.2 from 200,000 to 300,000 vehicles and will complete the expansion early next year,” the source says. “We will then have total capacity of 600,000 units; 300,000 at each of our two plants.” The auto maker also is in talks to build a third ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Beijing Hyundai to Expand Capacity, Mulls Third Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.