Rolls-Royce and Bentley Motor Cars Ltd. is no more. The Britain-based luxury car builder, now a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, has dropped Rolls from its name and now officially is known as Bentley Motors Ltd. The move comes a couple weeks after the auto maker builds its final Rolls-badge car at its Crewe, U.K., operations. The last Rolls, a 2-door silver Corniche convertible, rolled off the line Aug. 30. Over the last 12 months, the auto maker built 45 Rolls-Royce Corniche and 170 Silver ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bentley Drops Rolls From Name" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.