The addition of a V-6 engine and a new 6-speed manual should help the SLK roadster tighten its grip on the 2-seater market, Mercedes executives say. The revamped car, which goes on sale in Europe March 18, hits U.S. shores as an '01 model in April. With the addition of the new engine, Mercedes-Benz U.S.A. Inc. now will offer two versions of the SLK, the base 230 with supercharged 2.3L 4-cyl. and V-6-powered 320. The V-6 is not new. It is the same engine that appears in the CLK and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Benz: SLK to Gain Share with V-6, 6-Speed" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.