American electric-vehicle maker Better Place LLC reportedly is planning to use Australia to test its technology before rolling out its cars in the U.S. The Australian newspaper quotes Better Place Australia CEO Evan Thornley as saying the company will have charge points and battery-swapping stations in Australia by the end of next year. “Australia is a proof of concept for North America,” he tells the newspaper. “Australia is continental (in) size and it has a federal structure, so part ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Better Place to Test EV-Recharging Stations in Oz Before U.S. Rollout" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.