Commentary Remember a few months ago when Toyota brought out its new Sienna minivan? Company officials told us how the head of the design team had spent weeks crossing North America in a minivan: 50,000 miles (80,000 km), 48 states. Canada, too. He wanted to see how minivans were used, ask people about them, and see how they could be improved. Honestly, I thought this was funny. Heck, everyone knows how to build a minivan. It’s a box on wheels with lots of seats. Why would ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Beware Know-It-Alls" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.