BFGoodrich introduces its patented SmartBelt system, which works in conjunction with existing vehicle air bags. During a significant crash, the system rapidly inflates a bladder that runs the length of the belt within the first 10 milliseconds, a brief moment before the 25-20 millisecond air bag deployment. The net affect of this is to secure a passenger into the optimal “pre-position” to safely accept the force of the primary airbag deployment. This is particularly beneficial for children, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BFGoodrich adds safety" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.