MUMBAI – Sumitomo Corp. of Japan has won the first and possibly final round of a 6-month convoluted fight for control of Swaraj Mazda Ltd. India, which builds both medium and light commercial vehicles in India. However, a group of U.K. and offshore private equity funds led by Actis Capital LLP, is not giving up. Actis reportedly has resources of more than $2.8 billion to throw at its quest for Swaraj Mazda's acquisition. Swaraj Mazda Prestige Swaraj Mazda started out in 1983 as a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bidders Battle Over Indian Truck Maker Swaraj Mazda" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.