Factory installation rates for domestically made vehicles built for the '99 model year confirm the rising demand by consumers for high-powered vehicles: big engines are at long-time highs, while smaller engines are at long-time lows in terms of market penetration. For '99 that trend was true in both cars and trucks, although trucks — driven by increased output of large pickups and sport/utility vehicles — still are most responsible for the boost in usage of big engines. The '99-model ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Big Engine Installation in '99 Continues to Climb" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642