DaimlerChrysler Corp.’s Big Three counterparts share the same concerns over gray market losses, but they’re not following the auto maker’s lead in combating the problem. Ford Motor Co. will continue targeting rogue brokers and the Canadian dealers who sell to them. And General Motors Corp. is undecided about the path to pursue. "We’re looking at a number of options," a GM spokeswoman says, adding "it’s a big problem." Ford is maintaining its strategy of leveling ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Big Three Battles Surging Gray Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.