The U.S. Bureau of the Census is predicting it. The music industry is living it. And the Big Three had better be ready for it. By 2020, African-Americans and Hispanics will account for nearly one-third of the U.S.'s population, up from less than one-quarter in 1999, Census Bureau data indicate. “They're both growing faster than the general population,” says Charlie Hudson, DaimlerChrysler Corp. director of diversity marketing and special projects. When Asians are added in, the three ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Big Three Dilemma: Minorities Prefer Imports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.