Big Three automakers announce plans to stem losses resulting from illegal parts trade with the help of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the U.S. Customs Dept. FBI officials say the automotive industry ranks at the top, with apparel and computers, in what could be portrayed as a global counterfeiting epidemic. The Federal Trade Commission says the impact of counterfeit activity results in lost sales of $12 billion worldwide for the auto industry, $3 billion within the U.S. Officials ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Big Three Unite to Fight Counterfeits" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.