Consecutive record sales years have the big truck industry bursting at the seams with supply shortages and capacity expansions involving most of the business' biggest names. Allison Transmission says the recent opening of its new Indianapolis gearbox facility isn't the primary reason the insufficient supply of transmissions likely will end by this fall. The dearth is forcing some truckmakers, including Navistar International Transportation Corp., to cut production during a huge sales boom ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Big Truck Industry Scrambling" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.