Most automakers enjoyed brisk sales in February, and the same can be said for the medium- and heavy-duty truck producers. Sales of Class 4-8 trucks hit 39,656 units for the month, an increase of 37.0% on a daily selling rate basis from like-1998's 28,953. That's the 11th straight month sales have topped 30,000 units. Deliveries of heavy-duty (Class 8) trucks rose 16.0% in February to 18,384 from year-ago's 14,489. Freightliner Corp. continues to widen its lead, possibly at the expense of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Big Truck Sales Up 37% in February; 530,000 SAAR Highest in More Than Year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.