Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in the U.S. totaled 24,885 units in December, up 2.0% from the 25,373 big rigs delivered during like-2001, according to Ward's data. In 2002, big truck sales hit 322,284 units, down 7.9% from the 359,009 trucks sold in 2001. That’s the third consecutive year that medium- and heavy-duty sales have fallen from previous-year results. But 2002’s relatively modest dip halts two straight years of double-digit declines (see related data: U.S. New Truck ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Big Truck Sales Up in December, Down in 2002" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.