DETROIT -- Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks totaled 30,794 units in October, a 12.0% decrease on a daily rate basis from the 33,710 big rigs sold during like-2000 as the industry remains mired in a serious downturn that is over a year old. See related data Eleven months into 2001, deliveries of Class 4-8 trucks are running 25.1% behind year-ago totals (301,250 vs. 402,427). In October, heavy-duty sales hit 11,797, down 21.3% vs. 14,440 Class 8 trucks sold in like-2000. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Big Truck Sales Down 12%" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.