Sales of Class 4-8 trucks took another big leap in April, rising 21.6% from year-ago on volume of 4,325 units. Medium-duty (Classes 4-7) sales nearly doubled to 1,012 units on the strength of Class 7's 116.5% gain to 920 units. Most of that increase was due to a strong showing by Freightliner Corp., which posted a 490% jump in sales to 195 units (including its Sterling brand), and Navistar International Transportation Corp.'s 147.7% rise to 545 units. Class 8 sales rose 10.7%, again on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Big Truck Sales Rise 21.6% in Canada" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.