Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks climbed 9.7% last year in the U.S., closing out 2006 with a record 544,581 deliveries, Ward’s data shows. The previous record of 521,190 units was set in 1999. Related document: Ward's U.S. Truck Sales by Weight Class December 2006 This year’s stricter emissions regulations helped push December sales. Combined, medium- and heavy-duty trucks registered a 13.6% surge in the final month, tallying 50,324 units and all gained in the year. Class 8’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Big Truck Sales Set Record in 2006" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.