U.S. big-truck sales faltered again in October, as total medium- and heavy-duty volume of 29,938 units fell 39.4% from like-2006, Ward’s data shows. Related document: <i>Ward’s</i> U.S. Truck Sales by Weight Class October 2007 Class 8 again was the biggest contributor to the overall slump, posting a 54.9% drop to 11,769 units from 25,069 year-ago. As in recent months, all truck makers in the group posted declines, with Freightliner brand sales plunging 66.4% to 2,396 units ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Big-Truck Slump Continues as October Sales Drop 40%" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.