Sales of medium- (Classes 4-7) and heavy-duty (Class 8) trucks are on their way to a second straight record year in 1999. March big truck sales are believed to be an any-month high of 47,776, an impressive 21% higher than the 39,536 units delivered last December — the second best month on record. Indeed, combined medium- and heavy-duty truck sales through the first quarter of 1999 are running 29.1% ahead of like-1998's record pace, a year that ended with sales of 424,251 units. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Big Trucks Rolling Toward Another Record Year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.