DEARBORN, MI – Frank Macher allowed the unthinkable to happen. As president and CEO of bankrupt supplier Collins & Aikman Corp., he was in the loop in mid-October when his company stopped shipment of interior parts to Ford Motor Co.’s Hermosillo, Mexico, plant in a dispute over component prices. The Hermosillo facility, which produces Ford Fusion, Lincoln MKZ and Mercury Milan sedans, shut down temporarily as a result. Pricing disputes are common as domestic auto makers and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bill of Rights Offered for Suppliers, OEMs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.