DEARBORN -- Scoring 18,000 points in 12 seasons is nothing compared to the effort required to be an automotive supplier these days, says a guy who should know. “I’d probably rather be playing in the NBA today than be a supplier,” Dave Bing, a former pro basketball player and chairman-The Bing group, says during an industry conference here. “The pay is better and you don’t have to play as hard.” With his days on the basketball court behind him, Bing now makes his moves in the auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bing Slam Dunks Big Three" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.