WEVTU has learned that at least one major automaker is actively considering how piston engines might be redesigned to take advantage of bio lube oil characteristics. Although no details have so far surfaced, some of the possibilities are different designs and materials for bearings, piston rings, pistons and cylinder bores. In addition, reduced tailpipe emissions measured from engines lubricated with bio oil suggest opportunities to revise emissions after-treatment systems. Bio oil’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bio oil may spawn new 'green engines'" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.