Do not expect 2009’s mandated increase in renewable-fuels use to spark a proliferation of E85 pumps. Nearly one quarter of the additional biofuels volume has been “carved out” to accommodate production of biodiesel, experts say. Under the Energy Independence and Security Act, which escalates the total renewable fuel content in gasoline to 36 billion gallons (164 billion L) by 2022, the Environmental Protection Agency announces this week the standard for next year: 11.1 billion gallons ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Biodiesel Availability, Not E85, Will Benefit From New Fuel-Blend Mandate" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.