Ford Motor Co. and Magna International Inc. are deep in discussion about the cost of burying their oddball progeny, Lincoln Blackwood, Ward's is told. "It will be a shared responsibility," Magna CEO and President Belinda Stronach says in an exclusive interview. Lincoln Blackwood’s unique cargo box, engineered and built by Magna, contributed to the vehicle’s undoing. Stronach offers no details of the talks, while Ford confirms only that they are ongoing. Neither side ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Blackwood Burial Costs Subject of Debate" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.