Lincoln’s Super Bowl loss may be Ford Div.’s gain. Ford Motor Co.’s domestic luxury division decided this week to cancel a 30-second commercial during the Feb. 6 TV broadcast of the Super Bowl, over concerns it might offend viewers sensitive about recent sex-related scandals in the Catholic church. The ad was slated to run during the game’s second half. (See related story: Lincoln Truck Launch Off to Bad Start) Ford will show 30-second Mustang ad. The ad shows a minister lusting ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Blue Oval Back in the (Big) Game" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.