LOS ANGELES – It’s been nearly 15 years since BMW AG used the 6-Series badge and almost seven years since it had a high-performance 2+2 coupe, which was in its lineup under the 8-Series moniker. That hiatus will end with the introduction of the ’04 645Ci coupe and convertible that arrive in U.S. showrooms in May. BMW’s ’04 6-Series Coupe. The new 6-Series shares overall styling with the larger 7-Series but has a wheelbase that is 8.3 ins. (21 cm) shorter than the 7-Series and 4.3 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW 6-Series Breaks Mold" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.