MUMBAI – Two independent importers authorized by BMW AG soon will offer Indian buyers 24 BMW models based on four engine families and nine body styles. They include the latest BMW 7-Series and the Mini Cooper. BMW 3-Series Rather than build cars here, BMW prefers importers such as Navnit Motors in Mumbai and Kashyap Motors in Delhi, which will provide sales and service networks and function as dealers. BMW is not looking for a mass customer base. Exclusivity of its brand ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Arriving in India in a Big Way" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.