LAKE COMO, Italy — The auto industry's hectic merger and takeover fever in recent months seems to confirm the conventional wisdom that volume — generally seen to be around 4 million-plus cars a year — is essential to survival. BMW AG, for one, disagrees. In a blistering attack on the perception that volume is a prerequisite to staying alive as an independent, Wolfgang Ziebart, BMW AG's new research and development chief, says: “A niche manufacturer represented worldwide has a more stable ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW backs up independence with tough talk" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.